A DEG Business Development Director (BDD) is responsible for developing sales strategies for targeted prospective and existing accounts. The BDD is expected to proactively build a qualified pipeline of potential business from existing personal contacts, assigned territories/composites, assigned alliance partner contacts and relationships within a select group of existing DEG clients who meet the ideal customer profile to benefit from DEG digital agency offerings.
This role is responsible for effectively managing all stages of the sales process, maintaining accurate records in DEG CRM, communicating progress to all stakeholders, accurately forecasting revenue and achieving quarterly and annual sales targets.
The successful candidate will act as the trusted advisor to DEG existing and prospective clients and alliance partners by understanding their current and future business needs and providing industry best practices advice for DEG solutions. The BDD will understand and impact the client's marketing and IT roadmaps to affectively build ROI driven relationships.
DEG has an outstanding track record of success with national and global brands and leading technology platforms/partners. Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated sales people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to come work.
- Thoroughly understand DEG offerings and clearly communicate our value to alliance partners and prospective buyers.
- Stay current on industry trends impacting existing and prospective customers and effectively communicate how our solutions and offerings address these needs/challenges.
- Understand the competitive landscape and know how to professionally sell against competitors.
- Manage relationships from CMO to CIO and all stakeholders and influencers in buying decisions.
- Leverage relationships to identify new DEG leads and opportunities, ensuring a healthy pipeline of qualified opportunities.
- Work with DEG executives, senior leaders and subject-matter-experts to ensure that DEG pitches and presentations achieve highest possible win rate.
- Own all stages of the sales process.
- Produce impactful, dynamic client presentations overviewing DEG and the suite of services including all relevant digital agency services and practice areas as appropriate.
- Ensure smooth and effective sales-to-service transitions
- Leverage DEG-sponsored events to further relationships, grow pipeline and close business.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas.
- Follow all DEG policies and procedures including CRM management, forecasting, RFPs, estimating, contracting, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ proven sales experience selling large, complex solutions preferably in marketing technology. Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Adobe, Magento, Sitecore or Microsoft preferred.
- Dedicated to success – passionate about winning and growing business.
- Strategic thinker with strong organizational skills and exemplary attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task and prioritize a high volume of projects and tasks at one time.
- Ability to work with diverse departments across an organization.
- Excellent logical reasoning and analytical skills to effectively assess and communicate metrics.
- Passionate about the digital landscape with desire for continuous learning and development.
- Team player.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Able to travel at least 50%.
DEG is a full-service digital agency that believes in marketing for the moment. We use the creative application of technology to help our clients create strategic, provocative, and actionable ideas when it means most—all driven and supported by data, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative. We’ve become one of the fastest-growing, most-respected digital resources in America because our clients have demanded it. While other shops are working to become “digital,” we were born here.
We empower our associates to grow and accomplish what they’re passionate about, pursue outside interests, prioritize their families, contribute to their communities, and actively travel. We have a fun, casual work environment and have repeatedly been named one of the area’s “Best Places to Work.”
Our benefits include:
- Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs, with no waiting period and company-paid premiums for all associates
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off and holidays
- Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
- Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service and disaster leave in the event of a natural disaster
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company-sponsored matching program
- Bonus plans based on company and individual performance
- Culture Club social events each year
- Free pop, juice, sparkling water, and Roasterie hot and nitro cold brew coffee in our company coffeehouse, as well as free on-tap and bottled beer for our weekly Beer:30
We're constantly searching for the best ideas, new and better ways to do things, and new and better things to do. We want smart, driven individuals to help us create DEG’s future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.