DEG is seeking a Solution Strategist who will be a key player on several complex projects throughout the project life cycle. The Solution Strategist will use their expertise to work with customers to understand their business processes, requirements and business needs to provide a recommended solution. They will be responsible in identifying gaps and potential risks and advise solutions to drive to a successfully delivered project.
The successful candidate will create accurate and complete specifications and deliver solutions that meet our client’s business requirements and goals. He/she will also know how to lead a team and interact with clients. This is an exciting opportunity for a person to solve business problems, design systems, and have a direct impact on client’s lives. This role is an excellent balance between technical and client interaction. DEG’s highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to work.
- Leads customers through design and functional discussions, ensuring a thorough understanding of the customer’s business processes and requirements
- Provides recommendations on customer solution based on existing gaps between system capabilities and customer business needs and goals
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert on the functional capabilities of the commerce platform Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Defines functional business requirements and creates specification documentation
- Collaborates with core project team members to accurately capture requirements, manage scope and project timeline
- Provide customer specific training and documentation on the commerce platform and any customizations specific to the customer project
- Ability to step in and quickly assess a support client's needs to execute platform assistance or recommendations for enhancements
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (degree or combination of equivalent education and experience)
- Experience: 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst in an Ecommerce or related environment.
- Certified Solution Strategist on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform or equivalent experience required, knowledge or experience with other ecommerce platforms is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, specifically in technical writing and functional specification documentation
- Ability to step into any situation and lead the customer and 3rd party partners to the best solution based on needs and best practices
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time, in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to changing tasks
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML
- Proficient knowledge of Google Slides, Sheets, Docs (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- General working knowledge of the following business functions or concepts or demonstrate willingness and ability to rapidly learn and apply knowledge:
- ecommerce Business Process and Flow Best Practices
- Data Mapping and Modeling
- User experience design and usability
- Analytics and ecommerce metrics and tagging
- Merchandising, content management, site search optimization
- Digital Marketing (SEO, Paid Search, email, Social)
- Order management, payment process, fraud, taxation, fulfillment, customer service
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience (nice-to-have)
DEG is a full-service digital agency that believes in marketing for the moment. We use the creative application of technology to help our clients create strategic, provocative, and actionable ideas when it means most—all driven and supported by data, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative. We’ve become one of the fastest-growing, most-respected digital resources in America because our clients have demanded it. While other shops are working to become “digital,” we were born here.
We empower our associates to grow and accomplish what they’re passionate about, pursue outside interests, prioritize their families, contribute to their communities, and actively travel. We have a fun, casual work environment and have repeatedly been named one of the area’s “Best Places to Work.”
Our benefits include:
- Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs, with no waiting period and company-paid premiums for all associates
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off and holidays
- Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
- Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service and disaster leave in the event of a natural disaster
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company-sponsored matching program
- Bonus plans based on company and individual performance
- Culture Club social events each year
- Free pop, juice, sparkling water, and Roasterie hot and nitro cold brew coffee in our company coffeehouse, as well as free on-tap and bottled beer for our weekly Beer:30
We're constantly searching for the best ideas, new and better ways to do things, and new and better things to do. We want smart, driven individuals to help us create DEG’s future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.