DEG is seeking a Salesforce Commerce Cloud Technical Architect to join our team. As a Technical Architect, you are responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of e-commerce projects. This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of our tenured and celebrated consultancy, all while working from home.
The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert and communicative Salesforce Commerce Cloud Lead Developer or Architect who understands the agency/client dynamic. Support our Sales Engineers and Business Development Managers in the sales process by communicating with prospective clients about our processes, potential solution architectures and estimations. As a certified Salesforce Commerce Cloud Technical Architect, you will have exceptional communication skills, a high level of accountability, and desire to provide best in class ecommerce solutions to your clients.
DEG is a growing company with an employee-centric culture and high regard for technology. Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic culture is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, DEG has been named one of the best places to work in the country.
- Interpret client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) centric e-commerce projects
- Work closely with clients and internal team members to understand the client’s business and their existing use of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) platform
- Design complete solutions for web applications and integration techniques, extensions or enhancements to the platform
- Document using technical specification and diagrams that will stand as reference to the development team for building the solution as well as hand-off to our support team prior to launch
- Provide updates throughout the development cycle
- As the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) subject matter expert you will share knowledge with your team and help mentor newer developers
- Share new ideas and techniques that are relevant to the e-commerce space
- Participate in internal process improvements to our software development life cycle
- Have the ability to fully understand code and help developers troubleshoot code issues, algorithms and know how to leverage object oriented technique
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of technical architect/lead developer experience within the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware)
- 3+ years in an agency partner setting
- 10 years of programming/development experience is required
- 2+ years of experience in a client facing role
- Ability to lead and manage discussions and communicate to a wide range of audiences
- Manage time and priorities effectively without day-to-day oversight
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and different approaches to it
- Self-driven and motivated
- Exceptional communication skills
- Certified Salesforce Commerce Cloud Technical Architect
DEG is a full-service digital agency that believes in marketing for the moment. We use the creative application of technology to help our clients create strategic, provocative, and actionable ideas when it means most—all driven and supported by data, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative. We’ve become one of the fastest-growing, most-respected digital resources in America because our clients have demanded it. While other shops are working to become “digital,” we were born here.
We empower our associates to grow and accomplish what they’re passionate about, pursue outside interests, prioritize their families, contribute to their communities, and actively travel. We have a fun, casual work environment and have repeatedly been named one of the area’s “Best Places to Work.”
Our benefits include:
- Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs, with no waiting period and company-paid premiums for all associates
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off and holidays
- Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
- Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service and disaster leave in the event of a natural disaster
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company-sponsored matching program
- Bonus plans based on company and individual performance
- Culture Club social events each year
- Free pop, juice, sparkling water, and Roasterie hot and nitro cold brew coffee in our company coffeehouse, as well as free on-tap and bottled beer for our weekly Beer:30
We're constantly searching for the best ideas, new and better ways to do things, and new and better things to do. We want smart, driven individuals to help us create DEG’s future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.