DEG is currently searching for a Senior Social Media Strategist with 4-7 years of relevant experience. This role requires a strategic thinker who is dynamic, driven and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The individual in this role will manage key client relationships and originate strategic insights that produce business value across a range of industries.
This person will be responsible for collaborating with our Strategic Planning, Paid Media and Creative teams to plan, ideate and execute integrated marketing and social media plans. A successful candidate will have experience managing results-driven social programs and proven success in their past. The role will support both current and new business opportunities.
The right person will have a wide range of social media expertise, a passion for data-driven insights and outstanding presentation skills. Overall, we’re seeking candidates with a client-first mentality and an entrepreneurial spirit. The variety and nature of work is fun, collaborative and exciting making the Senior Social Media Strategist role one of the best jobs at DEG.
- Grow relationships with clients and internal teams through the successful delivery of thoughtful ideas, strategies and high-quality work
- Contribute and present as part of new and existing business development with emphasis on social marketing opportunities
- Lead agency and client education on the business value of social media and marketing channel value
- Lead accounts and projects to ensure they are meeting internal and client expectations
- Collaborate with other departments and teams to lead development of marketing campaigns (Creative, Analytics, Email, Ecommerce, Paid Media, etc.)
- Use data and analytics insights to inform client strategy, specifically related to social media, paid social and content performance
- Lead an integrated team to activate social storytelling, creative content development and campaigns
- Collaborate and foster relationships with social platforms, alliance partners and cross-agency partners
- Available to travel for client and new business opportunities
- Participate in industry and thought leadership activity on behalf of DEG
- Maintain knowledge of key social media tools, best practices and emerging trends, including:
- Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Digital management and monitoring tools (Salesforce Social Studio, Hootsuite, Brandwatch, Sprinklr, Spredfast, Curalate, Chute, Olapic, etc.)
- Social media activation (paid, earned and owned)
- Social media measurement/analytics
- Social customer care
- Four - seven years of experience in a digital marketing environment, preferably with agency experience
- Deep social media expertise with experience in driving social media strategy and executing social media programs
- Specific hands-on experience with social marketing channels, in both paid and organic social strategy
- Specific industry experience is a plus (such as Finance, CPG, Retail, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time well, multitask and prioritize projects and tasks
- Excellent client service skills and positive attitud
- Ability to complete work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
DEG is a full-service digital agency that believes in marketing for the moment. We use the creative application of technology to help our clients create strategic, provocative, and actionable ideas when it means most—all driven and supported by data, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative. We’ve become one of the fastest-growing, most-respected digital resources in America because our clients have demanded it. While other shops are working to become “digital,” we were born here.
We empower our associates to grow and accomplish what they’re passionate about, pursue outside interests, prioritize their families, contribute to their communities, and actively travel. We have a fun, casual work environment and have repeatedly been named one of the area’s “Best Places to Work.”
Our benefits include:
- Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs, with no waiting period and company-paid premiums for all associates
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off and holidays
- Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
- Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service and disaster leave in the event of a natural disaster
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company-sponsored matching program
- Bonus plans based on company and individual performance
- Culture Club social events each year
- Free pop, juice, sparkling water, and Roasterie hot and nitro cold brew coffee in our company coffeehouse, as well as free on-tap and bottled beer for our weekly Beer:30
We're constantly searching for the best ideas, new and better ways to do things, and new and better things to do. We want smart, driven individuals to help us create DEG’s future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.