DEG is seeking a CMS Engineer to develop comprehensive Internet-based software for a diverse group of interesting companies. Individuals in this position will be responsible for a variety of project responsibilities, while focusing on the technical aspects of developing solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity as we are in the process of experimenting with and adopting newer technologies (MVC, Entity Framework, Service Bus), coding best practices (IoC, CI) and Agile methodologies (Kanban, Scrum). Greenfield development is commonplace and innovation is encouraged. Building innovative solutions on-time and on-budget with low technical debt, along with good system designs and executable code, will ensure success in this role.
We offer a high degree of independence and collaboration with other hardworking coders that take pride in their work. Considered the best job in the company by those who are motivated by challenging opportunities and are resourceful individuals who love to learn. Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to come work.
Depending on the project, this may include the following responsibilities:
- Develop CMS (SiteCore, Umbraco, WordPress) driven solutions
- Develop cross platform web sites
- Collaborate with senior engineers and project leads on technical decisions
- Learn and adhere to company coding standards and conventions
- Interact with clients and project leads
- The ideal candidate will have the desire to increase their overall knowledge of CMS technologies
Candidates should have excellent communication skills and hands-on experience working on component based applications in a distributed environment. Qualified candidates should possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
- A demonstrated ability to develop and debug using Visual Studio and C#
- Any Microsoft Certifications are preferred
- Ability to estimate and complete work in a deadline driven environment
- Experience with or desire to learn SiteCore, Umbraco, and WordPress required
- CMS application development (Wordpress, Sitecore, Umbraco) experience preferred
- Knowledge of UI frameworks (either Android, iOS, XML), MVVM application design pattern experience preferred.
DEG is a full-service digital agency that believes in marketing for the moment. We use the creative application of technology to help our clients create strategic, provocative, and actionable ideas when it means most—all driven and supported by data, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative. We’ve become one of the fastest-growing, most-respected digital resources in America because our clients have demanded it. While other shops are working to become “digital,” we were born here.
We empower our associates to grow and accomplish what they’re passionate about, pursue outside interests, prioritize their families, contribute to their communities, and actively travel. We have a fun, casual work environment and have repeatedly been named one of the area’s “Best Places to Work.”
Our benefits include:
Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs, with no waiting period and company-paid premiums for all associates
Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability with company-paid premium
Ample paid time off and holidays
Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service and disaster leave in the event of a natural disaster
Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company-sponsored matching program
Bonus plans based on company and individual performance
Culture Club social events each year
Free pop, juice, sparkling water, and Roasterie hot and nitro cold brew coffee in our company coffeehouse, as well as free on-tap and bottled beer for our weekly Beer:30
We're constantly searching for the best ideas, new and better ways to do things, and new and better things to do. We want smart, driven individuals to help us create DEG’s future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.