DEG is seeking a creative copywriter with digital experience to bring fresh ideas, a mastermind of words and out-of-the-box thinking to our client's content and campaigns. The Copywriter must be comfortable managing multiple projects/clients and working with strategists in each discipline as well as analysts to ensure all copy is on-brand and optimized for results. The Copywriter will be accountable for meeting deadlines and delivering compelling content for cross-channel campaigns and a range of digital projects, including email, web, and social.
We are looking for a creative writer who likes variety and thoroughly understands the digital space. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients across all digital media. From Facebook posts to complete website overhauls to multi-channel integrated marketing campaigns, every day the challenges are different and require you to think strategically and creatively to deliver compelling results to our clients.
Note: Only applicants who include a link to their online portfolio in addition to their resume will be considered.
• Concept and write creative content for our client's cross-channel advertising and marketing needs
• Adhere to best practices and historical data to write killer copy for email, social, and more
• Follow wireframes and content strategy documents to write SEO-friendly web copy
• Help improve clients' e-commerce performance with creative and search engine optimized product copy
• Proofread and edit other copywriters' work adhering to AP Style and/or client-specific style guidelines
• Follow internal processes while also seeking ways to increase team efficiencies
• Work with design team to ensure that the copy and design work together seamlessly
• Participate in and lead collaborative brainstorm sessions to help come up with winning ideas that propel client success
• Work with clients to develop strategic branding documents that help define their digital voice
• Present work to internal team members as well as clients
• 1-3 years experience writing for digital media in an agency environment
• BS or BA in Creative Writing, Journalism or related field
• A diverse online copywriting portfolio that demonstrates effective concepts/content, particularly in digital media
• Thorough knowledge of AP Style
• Creative thinker who always considers what is best for the client (even if that means scrapping your work and starting from scratch)
• Strong sense of responsibility and ability to stick to deadlines
• Ability to work with little direction by knowing the client's goals and performing self-directed research
• Comfortable giving and receiving criticism (don't let your creative ego get the best of you, we're all on the same team here!)
• Proactive thinker who comes up with solutions to problems before they are even presented
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
DEG is a full-service digital agency that believes in marketing for the moment. We use the creative application of technology to help our clients create strategic, provocative, and actionable ideas when it means most—all driven and supported by data, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative. We’ve become one of the fastest-growing, most-respected digital resources in America because our clients have demanded it. While other shops are working to become “digital,” we were born here.
We empower our associates to grow and accomplish what they’re passionate about, pursue outside interests, prioritize their families, contribute to their communities, and actively travel. We have a fun, casual work environment and have repeatedly been named one of the area’s “Best Places to Work.”
Our benefits include:
We're constantly searching for the best ideas, new and better ways to do things, and new and better things to do. We want smart, driven individuals to help us create DEG’s future. If you invest yourself in your work, live with enthusiasm, and thrive on results, we want to know you.