DEG is seeking a Marketing Cloud Solution Consultant to support major email initiatives. The Solution Consultant will focus on email campaigns and programs that will support a multi-channel web strategy. The Solution Consultant will be expected to possess functional knowledge of email service provider systems (particularly ExactTarget), have experience defining and documenting business processes and system requirements for email clients, possess project management skills and ensure successful implementation of projects.
Considered the best job in the company by those who enjoy solving challenging, complex business problems and leveraging all tenants at DEG to do so. DEG works with a wide variety of clients, platforms, solutions and software. A Solution Consultant here will never be bored. Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to work.
- Gather, analyze, translate and document detailed business/functional/user requirements following Scrum methodologies.
- Create technical documentation and user requirements/project documents including Project Blueprints, Data Flows, Wire Frames and test cases related to solutions.
- Analyze client data structures for email related subscription information and event information (i.e. new subscription, abandoned cart).
- Play a major role in the design and implementation of strategic email campaigns.
- Strategic planning of transactional triggers and email marketing programs.
- Coordinate with PM to manage the implementation of assigned system projects.
- Effectively communicate technical issues in non-technical terms to the business unit.
- Monitor system implementation and user satisfaction. Responsible for issue awareness and resolution.
- Investigate options to solve business problems and meet business needs.
- Assist in application configurations, integration and acceptance testing.
- Work with stakeholders and conduct user interviews to assist in building strategies.
- Perform gap analysis to determine impacts of the future state requirements on current systems.
- Effective management of project scope through accurate documentation of requirements.
- Create and maintain core operational metrics in support of production goals and strategies. Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate with development to estimate enhancements for existing client email programs.
- Provide functional solution deployment support during implementation and post-implementation phases of projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years as a Solution Consultant for a major Email Service Provider or Agency
- 2+years in supporting an Email Service Provider (ESP) such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud (fka ExactTarget), MailChimp, Constant Contact, Responsys, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with email or web projects
- Experience in Visio or other process flow tool
- Working knowledge of Google docs, Confluence, and/or Excel spreadsheets to track test progress and tickets
- Applicants must have at least 2 years demonstrated experience working in a client facing role
- Experience using one or more content management or email systems
- Understanding of systems and SDLC
- Strong reasoning, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills, including research and troubleshooting ability
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and process definition and design
- Proven leadership and consulting skills
- Preferred experience supporting email marketing (large scale, retail)
DEG creates smart digital marketing, commerce, and collaboration strategies that empower organizations to amplify their competitive advantages and achieve their objectives. We use our expertise to impact the trajectory of business by crafting innovative approaches that employ digital direct marketing and eCRM, social media, integrated e-commerce, web content management, enterprise collaboration, and mobile development—all driven and supported by analytics, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative.
Since we opened our doors in 1999, one of our most important goals has been to create a culture in which excellence is recognized, individualism is encouraged, and the workplace is vibrant. We think we’ve accomplished that, and the fact that DEG has been repeatedly recognized as one of the area’s “Best Places to Work” backs that up.
But how have we done it? It starts with building a profitable, stable company and extending the more traditional benefits to our associates and their families, including:
- Multiple Health Plan options (including PPO/HMO), company-paid premiums for all associates, and with no waiting period
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability, with premium covered by DEG
- Independent Insurance and Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Optional Group Dental and Vision Plans
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Personal Emergency Services, including travel assistance and identity theft protection
- Bonus Plan based on company and individual performance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
But just as our take on digital strategy is far from traditional, so are the benefits of hanging your hat here at DEG. Ours is a fun, energetic, casual work environment. We offer flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work. You have the opportunity to work with high-profile clients in myriad industries and visionary leaders and technologists in every discipline. And, of course, there’s free soda, juice, and Starbuck’s coffee in our company coffeehouse. Every Friday, feel free to join us for our weekly Beer:30.