Senior Relationship Marketing Strategist
DEG is seeking a Senior Relationship Marketing Strategist to aid our clients in the success and management of their one-to-one marketing campaigns including, but not limited to, email and mobile. This role is required to provide a proactive service level to many clients, maintain strong relationships with those clients, and coordinate internal resources. This position is a senior-level client-facing representative of DEG and ultimately responsible for the success of our clients campaigns. Therefore, it is imperative that this person presents a professional and poised demeanor.
- Assess a client's current programs to plot current level of sophistication with relevant recommendations to improve; track the sophistication over time.
- Lead strategic initiatives for digital marketing clients by first identifying strategic objectives and goals and then translating those into actionable, measured projects.
- Draft business requirements for the projects, as a key stakeholder in the solution.
- Consult and advise at key inflection points in the project development to ensure the solution end state is as the strategist envisioned.
- Draft interactive briefs for email and mobile campaigns to provide direction to creative teams for products, content, offers, key messaging, etc.
- Lead client teams through journey mapping and business consulting workshops to develop long-term plans and identify gaps in customer experiences.
- Develop and deliver Quarterly Plans and Statements of Work focused around cross-channel marketing campaigns to achieve client objectives.
- Analyze campaigns, subscriber data and other reporting (such as Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.) to identify profiling opportunities, segmentation, key insights, trends and recommendations.
- Review campaign metrics in SFMC to determine campaign success and opportunities for improvement.
- Work in conjunction with the Analytics and Insights team to deliver ROI forecasts for the any program recommendations.
- Develop and present acquisition recommendations to effectively grow a client's subscriber and customer base through relevant cross-channel strategies.
- Be well versed in Salesforce Marketing Cloud functionality, features and capabilities to ensure recommendations are in-line with a client's account capabilities.
- Increase the sophistication of the client's programs year-over-year.
- Serve as an advisor to the client for email deliverability.
- Serve as a key client service contact, providing consultative guidance as it relates to email and mobile marketing best practices and industry trends.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on the client's products/services and competitive advantages.
- Develop and deliver best practice thought leadership via speaking engagements, webinars, blog articles and more.
- Meet quality assurance standards when overseeing creative and campaign execution to ensure accuracy and client satisfaction.
- 7-10 years of client-facing digital marketing experience required, with heavy emphasis on email marketing. Experience should include campaign ideation, platform integrations, subscriber data flow, strategic advisement, deliverability and client relationships.
- 5+ years of large-scale retail, CPG or agency experience.
- Comfortable with public speaking and delivering presentations to small and large groups.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated writing/communication, interpersonal and client relationship skills.
- Ability to adeptly multi-task several projects at one time.
- Excellent logical reasoning and analytical skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Strong work ethic.
- Desire to build technologically advanced marketing programs.
- A related college degree or equivalent is required.
- Remote candidates welcome
A background in eCRM, data analytics, and business intelligence is strongly preferred but not required. Applicants with experience utilizing the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (aka ExactTarget) platform will be given special consideration. Experience with mobile marketing campaigns preferred but not required.
DEG creates smart digital marketing, commerce, and collaboration strategies that empower organizations to amplify their competitive advantages and achieve their objectives. We use our expertise to impact the trajectory of business by crafting innovative approaches that employ digital direct marketing and eCRM, social media, integrated e-commerce, web content management, enterprise collaboration, and mobile development—all driven and supported by analytics, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative.
Since we opened our doors in 1999, one of our most important goals has been to create a culture in which excellence is recognized, individualism is encouraged, and the workplace is vibrant. We think we’ve accomplished that, and the fact that DEG has been repeatedly recognized as one of the area’s “Best Places to Work” backs that up.
But how have we done it? It starts with building a profitable, stable company and extending the more traditional benefits to our associates and their families, including:
- Multiple Health Plan options (including PPO/HMO), company-paid premiums for all associates, and with no waiting period
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability, with premium covered by DEG
- Independent Insurance and Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Optional Group Dental and Vision Plans
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Personal Emergency Services, including travel assistance and identity theft protection
- Bonus Plan based on company and individual performance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
But just as our take on digital strategy is far from traditional, so are the benefits of hanging your hat here at DEG. Ours is a fun, energetic, casual work environment. We offer flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work. You have the opportunity to work with high-profile clients in myriad industries and visionary leaders and technologists in every discipline. And, of course, there’s free soda, juice, and Starbuck’s coffee in our company coffeehouse. Every Friday, feel free to join us for our weekly Beer:30.