Senior Digital Copywriter
DEG is seeking a creative copywriter with digital experience to bring fresh ideas, a mastermind of words and out-of-the-box thinking to our client's content and campaigns. The Senior Copywriter must be comfortable managing multiple projects/clients and working with strategists in each discipline as well as analysts to ensure all copy is on-brand and optimized for results. The Senior Copywriter will be accountable for meeting deadlines and delivering compelling content for cross-channel campaigns and a range of digital projects, including email, web, and social.
We are looking for a creative writer who likes variety and thoroughly understands the digital space. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients across all digital media. From Facebook posts to complete website overhauls to multi-channel integrated marketing campaigns, every day the challenges are different and require you to think strategically and creatively to deliver compelling results to our clients.
Note: Only applicants who include a link to their online portfolio in addition to their resume will be considered.
• Concept and write creative content for our client's cross-channel advertising and marketing needs
• Adhere to best practices and historical data to write killer copy for email, social, and more
• Follow wireframes and content strategy documents to write SEO-friendly web copy
• Help improve clients' e-commerce performance with creative and search engine optimized product copy
• Proofread and edit other copywriters' work adhering to AP Style and/or client-specific style guidelines
• Follow internal processes while also seeking ways to increase team efficiencies
• Work with design team to ensure that the copy and design work together seamlessly
• Participate in and lead collaborative brainstorm sessions to help come up with winning ideas that propel client success
• Work with clients to develop strategic branding documents that help define their digital voice
• Present work to internal team members as well as clients
• 5-7 years experience writing for digital media in an agency environment
• BS or BA in Creative Writing, Journalism or related field
• A diverse online copywriting portfolio that demonstrates effective concepts/content, particularly in digital media
• Thorough knowledge of AP Style
• Creative thinker who always considers what is best for the client (even if that means scrapping your work and starting from scratch)
• Strong sense of responsibility and ability to stick to deadlines
• Ability to work with little direction by knowing the client's goals and performing self-directed research
• Comfortable giving and receiving criticism (don't let your creative ego get the best of you, we're all on the same team here!)
• Proactive thinker who comes up with solutions to problems before they are even presented
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access
• Community management and SEO experience a plus
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
DEG creates smart digital marketing, commerce, and collaboration strategies that empower organizations to amplify their competitive advantages and achieve their objectives. We use our expertise to impact the trajectory of business by crafting innovative approaches that employ digital direct marketing and eCRM, social media, integrated e-commerce, web content management, enterprise collaboration, and mobile development—all driven and supported by analytics, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative.
Since we opened our doors in 1999, one of our most important goals has been to create a culture in which excellence is recognized, individualism is encouraged, and the workplace is vibrant. We think we’ve accomplished that, and the fact that DEG has been repeatedly recognized as one of the area’s “Best Places to Work” backs that up. But how have we done it? It starts with building a profitable, stable company and extending the more traditional benefits to our associates and their families, including:
• Multiple Health Plan options (including PPO/HMO), company-paid premiums for all associates, and with no waiting period
• Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability, with premium covered by DEG
• Independent Insurance and Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
• Optional Group Dental and Vision Plans
• Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company sponsored matching program
• Personal Emergency Services, including travel assistance and identity theft protection
• Bonus Plan based on company and individual performance
• Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
But just as our take on digital strategy is far from traditional, so are the benefits of hanging your hat here at DEG. Ours is a fun, energetic, casual work environment. We offer flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work. You have the opportunity to work with high-profile clients in myriad industries and visionary leaders and technologists in every discipline. And, of course, there’s free soda, juice, and Starbuck’s coffee in our company coffeehouse. Every Friday, feel free to join us for our weekly Beer:30.