Senior Account Manager
DEG is seeking a Senior Account Manager to support the Client Services team. The Senior Account Manager is a primary point of contact that aids in facilitating and expanding client relationships to more senior level roles within Client Services for activities related to marketing campaigns and programs for mid-size to larger accounts that serve single and/or multi-channel clients with exposure and opportunities to collaborate on new business.
Our Senior Account Managers are charged with understanding clients’ business objectives, business situations (including performance metrics, competitive landscape, industry trends and financial considerations), organizational structure and key contacts. They are responsible for crafting, articulating and delivering various digital strategies, tactics and solutions to advance client objectives within the financial services and retail industries. Senior Account Managers plan and lead tactical implementation for the day-to-day execution of projects working with multi-discipline internal teams to deliver on time, on budget and on target. By serving as a project owner they have the overall responsibility for the finished product/service and results that achieve client goals.
Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to come work.
- Communicate regularly with key client contacts and ensure timely deliverables.
- Manage existing client relationships and proactively manage client expectations.
- Understand and communicate clients’ overall business requirements and strategic objectives to project teams.
- Review and analyze material relative to client needs including: industry trends in digital and client vertical(s), consumer research data, and competitive analysis.
- Serve as a point of contact and information resource for external and internal clients.
- Work with clients to document project needs and requirements.
- Contribute to the creation of proposals and presentations to existing clients.
- Create and maintain project documentation (e.g. meeting notes, status updates, timelines, scopes of work, memos, abstractions, etc.) as needed.
- Facilitate internal and external client meetings and manage meeting summaries as needed.
- Contribute to the generation of ideas and implementation of strategic marketing initiatives.
- Stay current on processes and timelines to ensuring projects progress in a timely matter.
- Contribute to measurement and reporting processes for all assigned accounts.
- Contribute to post project documentation, archiving, and ongoing analytics.
- Monitor project revenue/budgets and resource requirements.
- Work with client and internal teams to contribute overall budget and projections.
- Identify client opportunities, issues, and other inflection points.
- Contribute to company innovation, knowledge base, and marketing/sales efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in advertising, marketing, communications, general business, or related discipline.
- 4-6 years of account management experience in the digital/interactive marketing/agency environment.
- Experience in Financial Services vertical is preferred and Retail experience is a plus.
- Capacity and willingness to rapidly adapt, thrive, and multi-task in a highly dynamic workplace.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and self-motivation.
- Positive, optimistic, and solution-oriented attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, project management, research, presentation and analytical skills.
- Experience in strategy development, documentation and business planning.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with no supervision.
- Thorough understanding of current and emerging digital channels and technologies.
- Ability to understand clients’ business models and extrapolate opportunities.
- Ability to use a computer regularly and for long intervals.
- Proficiency with business software (e.g. the Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Periodic travel required.
DEG creates smart digital marketing, commerce, and collaboration strategies that empower organizations to amplify their competitive advantages and achieve their objectives. We use our expertise to impact the trajectory of business by crafting innovative approaches that employ digital direct marketing and eCRM, social media, integrated e-commerce, web content management, enterprise collaboration, and mobile development—all driven and supported by analytics, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative.
Since we opened our doors in 1999, one of our most important goals has been to create a culture in which excellence is recognized, individualism is encouraged, and the workplace is vibrant. We think we’ve accomplished that, and the fact that DEG has been repeatedly recognized as one of the area’s “Best Places to Work” backs that up.
But how have we done it? It starts with building a profitable, stable company and extending the more traditional benefits to our associates and their families, including:
- Multiple Health Plan options (including PPO/HMO), company-paid premiums for all associates, and with no waiting period
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability, with premium covered by DEG
- Independent Insurance and Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Optional Group Dental and Vision Plans
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Personal Emergency Services, including travel assistance and identity theft protection
- Bonus Plan based on company and individual performance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
But just as our take on digital strategy is far from traditional, so are the benefits of hanging your hat here at DEG. Ours is a fun, energetic, casual work environment. We offer flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work. You have the opportunity to work with high-profile clients in myriad industries and visionary leaders and technologists in every discipline. And, of course, there’s free soda, juice, and Starbuck’s coffee in our company coffeehouse. Every Friday, feel free to join us for our weekly Beer:30.