Customer Success Manager
DEG is seeking a Customer Success Manager to support the Director of Social Media in facilitating and expanding client relationships. DEG’s Social Media department is a smart, passionate and experienced team focused on helping corporations be successful in social media. You will establish productive and trusted relationships with Fortune 1000 and other leading organizations and will advocate the use of Enterprise-level technology and services offerings to drive impactful and measurable business value.
This position requires an enthusiastic work ethic, a service-oriented mindset, a deep understanding of business transformation in complex organizations, and the talent to forge strong connections with selected strategic accounts.
Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to come work.
- Educate client and internal teams on social media and marketing channel value, best practices and ongoing evolution implications
- Track, forecast and close renewal, up-sell and cross-sell opportunities within assigned client accounts and achieve a 120% net renewal rate
- Partner with sales teams to identify executive sponsors and stakeholders for each client account
- Develop and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with each client account to drive measurable business value from products, services and partners
- Communicate regularly with key client contacts and ensure timely deliverables.
- Prepare and deliver formal quarterly business reviews and the creation of proposals and presentations to existing clients
- Attend key events, tradeshows, conferences and provide thought leadership at VIP roundtables
- Manage and track KPIs (key performance indicators) in Salesforce related to renewal and expansion commitments to ensure predictable and exceptional results
- Conduct contract negotiations and develop business case proposals as required
- Create and maintain project documentation (e.g. meeting notes, status updates, timelines, scopes of work, memos, abstractions, etc.) as needed
- Support social technology alliance through managed communication, status reports, partnership strategy, internal education and overall marketing
- Maintain knowledge of key social media tools, best practices and emerging trends, including:
- Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Digital management, social listening and monitoring tools (Hootsuite, Salesforce Social Studio, Sprinklr, Spredfast, Curalate, Tweetdeck, Crimson Hexagon, Brandwatch, etc.)
- Social media activation (paid, earned and owned)
- Social media measurement/analytics
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of enterprise software sales and experience managing, consulting and negotiating with Fortune 1000 corporations
- Proven success selling complex solutions preferably with experience in social across key verticals including retail, CPG, financial services, government, higher education, healthcare and media and technology
- Record of success in key accounts with responsibilities for forecasting, quota attainment, executive presentations and quarterly and annual opportunity tracking
- Proven track record of success and experience in sustaining client engagements and long-term relationships
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar pipeline and demonstrated ability to work with teams and partners to expand business
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative, own processes, and work independently as required
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and to both finish short-term projects and to manage ongoing long-term strategies
- Positive, optimistic, and solution-oriented attitude
- Works well with others in a team sales environment
- Thorough understanding of current and emerging digital channels and technologies.
- Ability to understand clients’ business models and extrapolate opportunities.
DEG creates smart digital marketing, commerce, and collaboration strategies that empower organizations to amplify their competitive advantages and achieve their objectives. We use our expertise to impact the trajectory of business by crafting innovative approaches that employ digital direct marketing and eCRM, social media, integrated e-commerce, web content management, enterprise collaboration, and mobile development—all driven and supported by analytics, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative.
Since we opened our doors in 1999, one of our most important goals has been to create a culture in which excellence is recognized, individualism is encouraged, and the workplace is vibrant. We think we’ve accomplished that, and the fact that DEG has been repeatedly recognized as one of the area’s “Best Places to Work” backs that up.
But how have we done it? It starts with building a profitable, stable company and extending the more traditional benefits to our associates and their families, including:
- Multiple Health Plan options (including PPO/HMO), company-paid premiums for all associates, and with no waiting period
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability, with premium covered by DEG
- Independent Insurance and Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Optional Group Dental and Vision Plans
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company sponsored matching program
- Personal Emergency Services, including travel assistance and identity theft protection
- Bonus Plan based on company and individual performance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
But just as our take on digital strategy is far from traditional, so are the benefits of hanging your hat here at DEG. Ours is a fun, energetic, casual work environment. We offer flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work. You have the opportunity to work with high-profile clients in myriad industries and visionary leaders and technologists in every discipline. And, of course, there’s free soda, juice, and Starbuck’s coffee in our company coffeehouse. Every Friday, feel free to join us for our weekly Beer:30.