Managing Director, Business Development & Sales Operations
DEG is seeking a Managing Director, Business Development & Sales Operations to manage support functions essential to new business sales force productivity and profitable sales execution. This position has primary responsibility in acquiring new business across the Agency including agency of record, single channel strategy and implementation sales strategies. The role’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent. This person is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Managing Director also works closely with internal managers and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization supported.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization for both new business and sales managed accounts.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the Agency.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all new business sales channels and sales managed accounts.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Works closely with sales teams and management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to management, service delivery and account management organizations. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with management to optimize the effectiveness of the Agency’s technology investments.
- Coordinates training development and delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key Agency management personnel.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the new business efforts.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Four year college degree.
- Minimum of four or more years of sales management experience in either agency or consulting services setting. Experience in a business-to-business services sales environment is imperative.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives and formulating strategies from results.
- Strong Salesforce proficiency
- Experience working with Marketing departments to develop and execute customer acquisition and nurturing tactics
- This position requires moderate travel
DEG creates smart digital marketing, commerce, and collaboration strategies that empower organizations to amplify their competitive advantages and achieve their objectives. We use our expertise to impact the trajectory of business by crafting innovative approaches that employ digital direct marketing and eCRM, social media, integrated e-commerce, web content management, enterprise collaboration, and mobile development—all driven and supported by analytics, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative.
Since we opened our doors in 1999, one of our most important goals has been to create a culture in which excellence is recognized, individualism is encouraged, and the workplace is vibrant. We think we’ve accomplished that, and the fact that DEG has been repeatedly recognized as one of the area’s “Best Places to Work” backs that up.
But how have we done it? It starts with building a profitable, stable company and extending the more traditional benefits to our associates and their families, including:
- Multiple Health Plan options (including PPO/HMO), company-paid premiums for all associates, and with no waiting period
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability, with premium covered by DEG
- Independent Insurance and Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Optional Group Dental and Vision Plans
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company sponsored matching program
- Personal Emergency Services, including travel assistance and identity theft protection
- Bonus Plan based on company and individual performance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
But just as our take on digital strategy is far from traditional, so are the benefits of hanging your hat here at DEG. Ours is a fun, energetic, casual work environment. We offer flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work. You have the opportunity to work with high-profile clients in myriad industries and visionary leaders and technologists in every discipline. And, of course, there’s free soda, juice, and Starbuck’s coffee in our company coffeehouse. Every Friday, feel free to join us for our weekly Beer:30.